1. Borrow books, CDs, DVDs, videos and magazines from your local library.
2. If you really need to buy a book, look for it on eBay or a second-hand book dealer.
3. If you really want to watch a movie at the theater, wait till they have discount tickets on the movie or go to a matinee.
4. Always use up all of a product.
5. Accelerate moderately when driving your car.
6. Collect freebie sample products.
7. Have a toy swap with other families that have kids your age.
8. Ask for discounts when you purchase large items.
9. Plan your menu based on what’s on sale.
10. Take time at the grocery store. Figure the per ounce price on different brands/sizes.
11. Check for rebates on products you purchase and don’t forget to send them in before they expire.
12. Make dinner out of your pantry or freezer.
13. Learn how to organize/keep your home clutter free which will help you save money in the long run because you’ll know where everything is.
Participating in Thrifty Thursday